Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer 2008 (roughly)

Krn: “…and you’re giving your mom bruises.”
Natalie Kunkel: “That’s what she says…”
(reminded us of, ‘that’s what she said’)

Playing “Do You Love Your Neighbor:”
Friend: “No, but I love everyone who loves wakeboarding.”
Krn: “I went once, AND I really liked it. Does that count?”

Lauren Christiansen: (talking about dog) “Even if she’s done something bad she comes with her legs in-between her toes.” (MTS- tail between her legs)

Lauren: “Say, ‘I’”
Ashlen Christiansen: “I”
Lauren: “Love”
Ashlen: “Lough…”
Lauren: “You”
Ashlen: “You…….pizza!”

*Cleaning up after a party, walking out of the kitchen. Heard a crunch under my foot—thought it was a potato chip. It wasn’t… IT WAS A COCHROACH!

At CiCi’s Pizza: (Ashlen was zoned out)
Lauren: “Zoom out of it!.... I mean, snap!”
Krn: “We’ve been playing Mario Kart WAY too long!”

*Andi Cook threw us a bag of gummie bears during church
-Spencer Sevy put entire packet into his mouth without opening it
Natalie & Krn: (same time) “NOW WHAT!?”

Natalie: “OH! I thought they were praying….ARE THEY!?”

*Ashlen picked her nose and it ended up on her cheek
Lauren: “Ashlen, if you’re going to dig for gold, you’ve got to hide it!”

Gail: “Becky grew up in a white collar home, if she ended up on a farm with pigs and hogs, she’d HATE it!”
Krn: “No other animals?”

Jacob Rosenlund: “I’m not a happy camper, Michael’s made me not a happy camper!”

Playing Balderdash: word was “Yardang”
Sean Leaks’s definition: “Yardang crazy to be sleepin’ with your cousin!”

*About to watch Summer Magic*
Krn: “I need a speck of information about this movie before I agree to watch it.”
Gail: (serious) “It’s about a family that moves somewhere because something happens.”

*I’m terrified of frogs*
-Watching Summer Magic- during a song there was a montage of clips of animals (they showed a bunch of frogs and toads)
Krn: (sarcastically) “You did this on purpose!”
Gail: (completely serious) “I didn’t know there were frogs on here…”

Peyten Christiansen: “Have you seen that movie, ‘Gay People Say No’ ?
Krn: “Haven’t we already had this discussion today?”
Peyten: No.
Krn & Austen Christiansen: “HA!”
Peyten: (pause) “…….Have you ever seen that movie, ‘Gay People Say No’ ?
Austen: “Yeah, I really enjoyed it.”

Becky Rosenlund: “Was that your stomach?”
Susan Rosenlund: “Maybe…”

*Carrying Ashlen’s carseat with Natalie to my car to buckle it in—Natalie had my keys…and she popped the trunk.
Krn: “Is she going to be in the trunk?”

Gary Johnsen: “I wish you would have told me to park.”
Gail: “I just got here too!”

Gary: “Who is that girl? What’s her story?”
Gail: “Oh, she’s the girl that organized this dinner. She got everyone together and she organized it.”
Krn: “What did she do?”
Gail: “She organi….”
Krn: (smiles)

Clark Johnsen: “Yes Queen!”

Lauren: “I’m going to die at A&M Volleball camp.”
Austen: “That’s my dream!”

Jacob Stutz: “Where’s the bathroom?”
*Breanna, Kenny, & Megan Stutz all point a different direction*

*Bucket of sand as table decoration*
-Kenny Stutz dropped his roll on the table
Jacob: “Now it’s a sandwich”

Susan Rosenlund: “What do you do if someone is following you?”
Becky: “DON’T. GO. HOME.”

Krn: “Those trees look like Africa…I mean, they look like trees IN Africa.”

Becky: (passing horses on road trip) “AHH! AWW….AHHH! (sighs) What a happy day.”

Krn: “Stop yelling at me!”
Becky: “I’m not. I’m just saying things loudly.”

*I asked Becky to check the street name, look at map, and driving directions*
Becky: “So many demands…”

*Made a wrong turn- U-turned, drove through parking lot, etc,
Becky: (out of the blue) “I don’t think anyone COULD follow us…”

*Joke we saw at Six Flags Fiesta Texas*
-Why did the tomato blush?
-Because he saw the salad dressing.

Krn: “Chhhhhh…” (pretending to be the ride starting noise)
Becky: “S.B.D.”

*Girl in front of us terrified of ride*
Girl: “I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die…”

Becky: I’ve swated all my sweat out.”

Krn: (talking to Becky) “That’s my speculation. What’s your speculation? ….BECKulation.”

Becky: “What are you doing?”
Krn: “I’m trying to get over so I can get on Beltway 8.”
Becky: “Oh.”
Krn: “Becky, the Beltway 8.”
Becky: “Oh.”
Krn: “Becky…”
Becky: (cuts me off) “Oh.”

No comments:

Post a Comment